You told me to never doubt, because you will never doubt me.
You told me to love from a far, because I have a fragile heart.
You told me to never give up, because I am a fighter.
You told me to look up, because when I look down I hide the beauty within me.
Why does it feel like just yesterday, you held me up against the sky?
Why does it feel like just yesterday, you held me tight away from it all?
Why does it feel like just yesterday, you wiped the tears from my cheek?
Can you tell me when the fig tree in the garden, will blossom again?
Can you tell me when your face, will light up the village again?
Can you tell me when your strong arms, will hold me back away from the pain?
Can you tell me when I ride my bike in the village, you will meet me at the the end of the road?
Can you tell me when I get off that plane, you will be there for me?
Can you tell me when the ocean sings me to sleep, you will kiss me goodnight?
Can you tell me when I awake in the morning, you will meet in the kitchen for a cafe au lait?
Can you tell me when your eyes, will meet mine again?
Every time the sun rises, I feel your soul guiding me.
Every time the sun shines, I feel you beating down on me.
Every time the rain pours, I feel your tears cleansing me.
Every time the moon sets, I feel your kiss good night.
You taught me to come back to you, when I went astray..
You took my little hand and touched your face, you put me on your shoulders, and the village I would see for miles, the hard sun, the people, the laughter, the smiles, the beauty...
You showed me the light again.
