About Me

My photo
Believe in the beauty of your dreams.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Would you still love me if I wasn't beautiful?

Loving the things about myself that others may point out or judge as flaws has provided me with the most freedom I have ever experienced. I am not going to do what you want me to do because it won't actually make me happy. If you are a boy, my parents, my friends, whoever....just because I get that gnawing feeling in my gut to do what you want me to do, to please you, it will not make me whole at the end of the day. My happiness with myself, and knowing that I have done what I feel is right with myself, and who I truly am is what gives me freedom. I don't care if it annoys you or offends you. I know what I know based on experience, not on what you tell me. I feel the way I feel and I don't hide it. I fuck up, hurt people, and don't always tell people when they hurt me. But at the end of the day, the most valuable thing I can go to sleep with at night is knowing that I have stayed true to the person I was created to be. The rest will fall into place. I can be there for people when I know who I am, human and all. I'm not ashamed to admit my mistakes today. They make me who I am. I am not going to put up with people who would prefer I didn't make any mistakes. I live in the human realm and know I will never be perfect, and want to surround myself with people who can accept that, forgive me when I stumble, and let me be there for them when they do.

I'm a monster today.