About Me

My photo
Believe in the beauty of your dreams.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Finals Week :(

Beautiful evening for my beautiful friend S. I'm stressed the fuck out about school and can't wait for it to be ooooover so I can have this month of freedom to myself!!!! Leaving for Chicago on Friday the minute I get done with that mythology final! It's so weird it's almost summertime again. This semester has flown by so quickly. I have made so much progress from the beginning of the semester and it feels so good to get another one out of the way and be moving on to this next venture. Whatever it holds I am so excited. It's thunderstorming tonight and I love it. I love spring. This is a very cleansing season for me apparently. I feel like this happens every year too. Winter is so dark and dreary, like last winter when I was living at Amy's, just moved out of my parents with nothing, and I had no car, no money and it was hard!!! Then springtime rolled around and I healed so much and life got so bright again. I think I suffer from seasonal depression or something, either that or just really shitty things have happened in my life during the past few winters. Anywho, I'm just infatuated with the world again. With people, with myself, with music, with fashion, with everything!!! I don't know what the hell life has in store for me but I am so excited. And not trying to figure it out is such a relief. Blah, I have to get back to writing papers now, but I needed a break tonight, so I'm happy I got to see some friends and hang out.

....and I loved this meditation today!
Secrets of the New Happiness-success in living.

Most of us know whether other people are truly happy. What's odd, however, is that we don't often try to practice the things that bring happiness to others. Often, the happiness we're striving for is really a form of excitement-trying to be continuously stimulated so as not to be bored or depressed.

Excitement does not create happiness. We find true happiness when we learn to serve others in right ways; that is, without demanding their gratitude or some other recognition. We also find true happiness in self-acceptance, being generally satisfied with our lot in life and grateful for the self-improvement we've found. We find happiness, too, in keeping occupied with useful activities that place demands on our energies and abilities.

I can be happy one day at a time. I will make the choice to be happy today, and to let tomorrow come in its own time. Nothing can interfere with today's happiness.